Friday 22 July 2011

Day 10 -- A Letter to my Family -- by Kitty Lo (3C)

Dear Mom and Dad,
How’re you? I’m having a good time here in Cairns. Today was an unforgettable day for me. Let me tell you what happened.
We have gone to Cairns State High School for four days. Today was the last day of the buddy programme. We had farewell ceremony with our buddies during our lunch time. I have got a good buddy, she helps me a lot. Although she left me once, I still enjoy being with her. I also took some photos with her. I’m sorry that I forgot to buy her a present. If I have the opportunity to study in Cairns State High Schell, my buddy will surely be the first one to hear the news.
(from the left) Crystal, Vivian, Kitty and Rita

Kitty and her CSHS buddy

Kitty and Vivian @ the farewell lunch
Today we went to the museum too. When we arrived there, we thought it was a very small place. It didn’t actually look like a museum, it looked like an old office building instead. To my surprise, we saw a lot of things in there. I learnt some history of Cairns. Some of the displays were quite similar to what we see in Hong Kong. We saw some weaving machine for clothes-making. Moreover, we understood that there were dentists at Cairns long time ago already. The dentist chair looked like what we are having now. I saw many other funny things in the museum. While we were visiting the place, there were some performances on the square in front of the museum. There were three men on the stage. They sang beautiful and everyone enjoyed themselves in it.
After the visit, we had 50 minutes of ‘free time’. We shopped at the shops to see what we could buy for friends in Hong Kong. I bought some koala stuffed toys and facial cream. I am still thinking whom I am going to give it to. I have almost spent all the money!

There are only a few days left before we head back to Hong Kong, I love Cairns so much. The living style is totally different from that in Hong Kong. It is very relaxing here. If I could, I would stay here as long as I wish. I think you must come here once, you will fall in love with this city.
Please don’t worry about me, I’m enjoying myself here. Please write back.

Love,
Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment