Friday 15 July 2011

A letter to my parents -- by Vicky Chak Hiu Kei (3F)

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you? I’m having a good time here. Especially for yesterday! Why? As it was my birthday! I just turned 15 in Australia!!

Yesterday morning, when I got up for breakfast, I found a present and a birthday card on the dining table. ‘Vicky, Happy Birthday! By Eve and Pat’ was written on the card. I couldn’t believe what I saw!! I rubbed my eyes immediately and then I saw a birthday cake too!!


Me and my 1st Australian Cake!!
Eve is my host mom and Pat (for Patrick) is my host dad. ‘ Vicky, you can bring this cake to the school and share with your friends.’ Eve said. I felt surprised and very happy. When I arrived school, many people said ‘Happy Birthday’ to me. Miss Cheung helped me to put the cake into the fridge. During lunchtime, Miss Wong hosted my birthday party in the school canteen. My friends in this tour sang birthday song to me and we took photos together! I felt very grateful!

Turning 15 in Australia!!



Thank you to my teachers and my school mates!

Then, we went to a place called Esplanade. It is like a swimming pool and also a beach. Many Australians had their sunbath and their kids went swimming there. We took some photos there. Around 5 p.m, Eve took us back home.



Esplanade

I miss you Mom and Dad! Thank you for this trip!

Love,
Vicky


1 comment:

  1. Vicky, you are a happy birthday girl. Don't forget to thank your host parents for giving you such a big surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete