Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 7 - A letter to a friend in HK – Vivian Chan Wing Ki (3A)

Dear Macy,

How are you? I’m in Australia now. I think it is a nice place. People are really friendly and there are many tress and the air is so fresh. I love Australia very much!

In this study tour, I need to stay here for 2 weeks and it is the fifth day today. My host mom is good at cooking, so we always have nice breakfast. We went to a new school this morning -- Cairns State High School, and we learnt something new. After school, we went shopping at Cairns Central. I’ve bought a souvenir for you!

Cairns State High School is really big. There is a basketball court, a football court, a volleyball court and a swimming pool.

Cairns State High School


School logo of Cairns State High School


When we arrived, the Deputy Principal, Miss Chris Capon, took us around to have a look at the school facilities.


Deputy Principal, Miss Chris Capon, welcomed us in the School Hall

Miss Capon showed us the sports ground. She is so nice!!
Huge playground and students of CSHS
Volleyball court

Cover design of CSHS folder


Dance Room

Menu of School Canteen!! I wanna try the spaghetti!

Playground for morning assembly

Home Economics Room

Miss Capon answering our questions patiently

Library

What book have you found, Anson?

School Timetable
  
Then, we went to meet with our ‘buddies’ here. Each of us was matched with an Australian student ‘buddy’ here and we had gotten the chance to have lessons with them in the classroom. Our first lesson in Cairns State High School was a music lesson, it was about classical music. But I think it is really boring and I had a bit of trouble in understanding what the teacher was talking about.




My buddy, Stephanie, isn't she pretty?

After lunch, we had Art lessons. We learnt how to merge different pictures together into one. It was really difficult.
Artwork decoration is all around the school!!
Students' Artwork


We had tried many times until we finally made it. The school dismissed at 3 pm. I think teachers here don’t mind if students sleep or do something else in the lessons. However, I don’t think that’s good. I think my buddy is really lovely and pretty. She likes to smile very much. I’m thinking of buying some souvenirs to her on my last day here. Can you give me some suggestions of what to buy?

I’ll go back to Hong Kong this Sunday. Do you miss me? I miss you very much! I think I want to go back to Hong Kong now. There are five more days to go…. too long for me……

Have a nice day!

Love,
Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment